From September, the Australian Business Register (‘ABR’) will contact a random sample of ABN holders across all entity types to:
• confirm their business information;
• discuss how they use the ABN, and check their understanding of how ABNs are used;
• find out about their registration experience and ask for suggestions for how they can improve it; and
• if applicable, confirm their entitlement to the ABN (although the ABR will not cancel ABNs unless requested).
The ABR is trying to understand and improve the experience for clients applying for, maintaining and canceling an ABN, and will use the information to measure ABR data quality.
* * * Disclaimer: The information is sourced from NTAA. * * *
Many of the comments in this publication are general in nature and anyone intending to apply the information to practical circumstances should seek professional advice to independently verify their interpretation and the information’s applicability to their circumstances.